Regional Federation Members are integral to advancing the IAS mission and are designed to facilitate and broaden IAS activities at a regional level. IAS Regional Federations will partner with the IAS to accomplish one or more of the following:
- Strengthen relationships and collaborations with IAS Constituent Societies
- Facilitate new relationships between the IAS and relevant organizations with a shared mission
- Seek funding for, develop, produce, and promote international and regional activities of IAS, in partnership with current and potential Constituent Societies
- Develop programs that serve to improve education and implement solutions to strengthen clinical practice related to atherosclerosis and cardiometabolic health
- Promote and support development of research programs and research scientists in their respective regions; and
- Engage in such other activities as authorized by the Executive Board or Committee of IAS.
The IAS has four established Regional Federations, whose members serve 3 year terms. Each Regional Federation has an appointed Chair and up to 9 members from regional countries. The Chair of each Regional Federation serves on the IAS Executive Board and provides regular reports on activities in their respective regions.