Fostering Global Networking
for Better Prevention and Care of Atherosclerosis
- World Heart Federation Cholesterol Roadmap 2022
- IAS-OSLA 7th Course on Lipid Metabolism and Cardiovascular Risk, Muscat, Oman, October 29-31, 2022
- The IAS released a new video series, Battle Brazil: Defeating T2DM in the ASCVD Patient, in the IAS Education Center.
- The IAS launched the 4th Wael Almahmeed & IAS Research Training Fellowships: Middle East and Africa
- The IAS released a new video series, NAFLD/NASH: The Cardiometabolic Connection, in the IAS Education Center.
Prof. Peter Libby
President of the International Atherosclerosis Society
On behalf of the International Atherosclerosis Society, I am excited to share an exciting update. After more than four decades, the IAS has a new logo. The chosen design reflects the advances in our understanding of atherosclerosis and its clinical manifestation. It is an artistic rendition that evokes the “anatomically correct” trilaminar structure of arteries. If you look closely, you’ll notice that the multicolor approach represents a lipid component in the intima in yellow, the tunica media in dark red, and the adventitia in bright red.
As we enter the third decade of the 21st century, the IAS will sport this new logo that reflects better the current understanding of atherogenesis that has emerged from international cooperation such as that fostered by the IAS. Read more about the new IAS logo here.
The IAS e-Newsletter is a monthly digest of the latest from the IAS and our Constituent Member Societies.
Going well beyond “Statins,” this resource is a clinical tool on the latest information confronting clinicians and researchers.
This members-only newsletter provides an update on new lipid lowering drugs.