Fostering Global Networking
for Better Prevention and Care of Atherosclerosis
- IAS/EAS Joint Session at the EAS Congress 2023
- The IAS released a new video series, Obesity Management: The Window of Opportunity for Cardiometabolic Clinicians, in the IAS Education Center
- Iraqi Lipid Clinics Network president Dr. Mutaz Al-Khnifsawi’s Lipid Spin guest editorial Fighting the Impossible
- Winners Announced: 4th Wael Almahmeed & IAS Research Training Fellowships: Middle East and Africa
- Dr. Mohamed Salama Khalil (Banha, Egypt) is one of the three winners of the 3rd Wael Almahmeed & IAS Research Training Grants 2021 – Final Report of the Research/Training
- Dr. Tannaz Jamialahmadi (Mashhad, Iran) is one of the three winners of the 3rd Wael Almahmeed & IAS Research Training Grants 2021 – Final Report of the Research/Training
Prof. Peter Libby
President of the International Atherosclerosis Society
We have come far in cardiovascular prevention, but the job is far from finished. We see numerous and exciting developments on the horizon regarding the management of lipid disorders. The most immediate dividend of our research enterprise will be the public presentation of the results of the Cholesterol Lowering via Bempedoic Acid – an ACLY-inhibiting Regimen (CLEAR) outcomes study of bempedoic acid in patients with statin intolerance. All practitioners know that reluctance to take statins plagues our practices and interferes with our getting patients to their guideline-directed goals for low-density lipoprotein (LDL). In particular, those of us with specialized referral clinics for cardiovascular prevention seem to have a steady stream of patients who cannot or will not tolerate statins. The results of the CLEAR study will be presented at the American College of Cardiology Conference in early March. We know from the press release that the study met its primary endpoint. We eagerly await the formal presentation. The results could offer a boon for our statin-reluctant or statin-intolerance patients. Read President Libby’s full message here.
The IAS e-Newsletter is a monthly digest of the latest from the IAS and our Constituent Member Societies.
Weekly and Monthly Statin e-Newsletter
Going well beyond “Statins,” this resource is a clinical tool on the latest information confronting clinicians and researchers.
Monthly Lipid Lowering Drugs e-Newsletter
This members-only newsletter provides an update on new lipid lowering drugs.